The 2019 Summer Reading Challenge!
2019’s Summer Theme is “A Universe of Stories!” We’ll be exploring outer space in hundreds of different ways! Each week we’ll post a sneak peek of some of the Summer’s activities on our facebook, instagram, or twitter, so be sure to follow!
The Summer Reading Program will run from 6/15/19 to 8/17/19
Adults, Kids and Teen Reading Challenge Rules:
- Your goal as a town is to beat last year’s Summer Reading Total of 3,308 hours.
– Every week, the total hours and minutes read will be posted on a bulletin board.
– You will receive a logbook to record number of minutes/hours read each day.
-Each ticket given for reading is a chance to win prizes you choose to try to win!
Kids and Teen Reading:
– Your reading log packet will contain mini challenges based on literacy skills which earn rewards as well!
– Each time you hit a reading benchmark, come visit the library for a ticket or to pick something from our treasure chest!
– Don’t forget to bring your reading log and completed challenges!
– If we reach our goal by August 17th we will have a grand finale party!
All the best,
Ms. Robyn and Ms. Dawn
Need a Summer Reading List? The kids and teen lists from the Oxford Schools will be posted right here as soon as we receive them! Ms. Dawn will post the new summer adult reads list in June, so stay tuned!