Every other month, we will explore a new cookbook or theme in food by registering and choosing dishes from selected cookbooks to prepare. We will have a potluck night to exchange thoughts about the recipes and share good conversation and yummy dishes! Choose one recipe from the following to prepare for an audience of 6-8 people maximum. You provide the prepared ingredients, a serving dish and utensil(s), and we will provide the plates, napkins, cups, and water.
First club night will be November 9 at 5:30pm to 7pm. We will be using “The Broad Fork” by Hugh Acheson. Pick the numbered recipe you wish to prepare and share below, and a second backup in case it has been already chosen, then register here to attend and participate. I will send you the full recipe upon your registration.
- Apple-Cabbage Slaw: cabbage, salt, plain yogurt, mayonaise, cider vinegar, cumin seeds, black pepper, apples, lime juice, scallions, celery, parsley, mint
- Pan-Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apples: Pork tenderloin, salt, olive oil, shallot, celery, carrot, thyme, bay leaf, cider vinegar, sorghum molasses, chicken stock, canola oil, apples, sugar, butter, raisins(optional)
- Braised Celery Hearts with Grated Egg and Simple Vinaigrette: celery, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, parsley, salt, butter, chicken stock, hard-boiled egg
- Smoky Eggplant Puree: eggplant, olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic clove, chile flakes, salt
- Eggplant with Tahini and Yogurt: Eggplant, french bread, olive oil, salt, red bell pepper, mint leaves, garlic cloves, tahini, plain yogurt
- Roasted Figs with Pecorino Romano and Frisee: whole-grain mustard, tarragon leaves, cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh figs, apple, frisee lettuce, pecorino romano cheese
- Figs, Honey, Crisp Farro, and Yogurt: farro, salt, fresh figs, honey, champagne vinegar, mint leaves, arugula, olive oil, plain Greek yogurt
- Foil-Roasted Sunchokes: sunchokes, olive oil, marjoram, rosemary, lemon zest, salt, pepper, chicken stock
- Sweet Potato Gratin: Sweet potatoes, butter, shallots, heavy cream, salt, pepper
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Lime, Queso Fresco, and Chiles: sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt, lime, queso fresco, serrano chile, cilantro
- Olive Tapenade: orange zest, orange juice, shallot, anchovies, capers, parsley, olive oil, kalamata olives, salt, small crusty bread/toast/crackers for serving
- Broccoli Soup with Roasted Chicken: salt, broccoli, butter, onion, celery, leek, garlic cloves, white wine, chicken stock, heavy cream, chicken, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, ginger, plain yogurt, chile powder
- Roasted Chicken Thighs over Barley and Brussel Sprout Risotto: salt, Brussel Sprouts, olive oil, chicken thighs, pepper, chicken stock, yellow onion, fennel, barley, butter, parmigiano-reggiano cheese, turnips and greens, lemon juice