**Please note** Some attractions have begun opening, some are using passes, most are not. We will update our information as we receive it. Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Information below on Connecticut Attractions as of July 1, 2021.
You may reserve a pass for one day use, only one pass per family per day. You check the pass out like a book with your library card, and you must return it before we open the following business day. If you do not return it on time, we will assess a $5 per day late fee to your card, and you are inconveniencing the next family that wanted to take the pass. All passes are donated by our Friends of the Library, and lost passes require you to pay the full fee for replacement.
Our Passes: Available to Oxford residents only.
Quassy Amusement Park: Open 7 days/week Rides and Waterpark beginning May 29.
Lake Quassapaug, Rt. 64 (2132 Middlebury Road) Middlebury, CT 06762 P.O. Box 887
Buy your admission passes online using our discount company code: Oxford21 . Start by clicking the orange Promo Code? button on the left. All-Day Passes weekdays are $26.99 and All-Day Passes weekends are $28.99 each, you can also purchase discount season passes for less.
Connecticut Summer at the Museum – Free Admission for Kids
LAST UPDATED: JULY 2021
It’s time to explore! From July 1 to September 6, Connecticut children age 18 and under plus one accompanying adult can visit participating museums free of charge through the Connecticut Summer at the Museum program.
The program is part of Governor Lamont’s larger plan to use recovery funds to provide students and families with engaging summer enrichment and learning experiences in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
From art and children’s museums and historical sites to zoos, aquariums, and science centers, here’s a list of properties participating in #CTSummerMuseums. Please make sure you check each museum for online advance ticketing and reservations, as they may be required. This program is geared towards families exploring together, not large camp groups.
Connecticut Summer at the Museum is made possible through an investment from the federal COVID-19 recovery funding Connecticut is receiving from the American Rescue Plan Act. The program is administered by the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development’s Office of the Arts in partnership with Connecticut Humanities.
- Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, Ridgefield
- Bruce Museum, Greenwich
- Connecticut’s Beardsley Zoo, Bridgeport
- Danbury Museum & Historical Society, Danbury
- Danbury Railway Museum, Danbury
- Discovery Museum, Bridgeport
- EverWonder Children’s Museum, Newtown
- Fairfield Museum & History Center, Fairfield
- Greenwich Historical Society, Cos Cob
- Keeler Tavern Museum & History Center, Ridgefield
- Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Museum, Norwalk
- Mather Homestead, Darien
- Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk, Norwalk
- MoCA, Westport
- Shelton History Center, Shelton
- Stepping Stones Museum for Children, Norwalk
- 4-H Education Center at Auerfarm, Bloomfield
- American Clock & Watch Museum, Bristol
- Art Museum at University of Saint Joseph, West Hartford
- Barnes Museum, Southington
- Bushnell Park Carousel, Hartford
- Butler-McCook House & Garden, Hartford
- Buttolph-Williams House, Wethersfield
- Connecticut Historical Society, Hartford
- Connecticut Science Center, Hartford
- Connecticut Trolley Museum, East Windsor
- Connecticut’s Old State House, Hartford
- Dinosaur State Park, Rocky Hill
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Center, Hartford
- Hill-Stead Museum, Farmington
- Imagine Nation, A Museum Early Learning Center, Bristol
- Isham-Terry House, Hartford
- Mark Twain House & Museum, Hartford
- New Britain Museum of American Art, New Britain
- New Britain Youth Museum, New Britain
- New England Air Museum, Windsor Locks
- New England Carousel Museum, Bristol
- Old New-Gate Prison & Copper Mine, East Granby
- Phelps-Hatheway House & Garden, Suffield
- Real Art Ways, Hartford
- Roaring Brook Nature Center, Canton
- Simsbury Historical Society, Simsbury
- Stanley-Whitman House, Farmington
- The Children’s Museum, West Hartford
- Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Hartford
- Webb-Dean-Stevens Museum, Wethersfield
- Windsor Historical Society, Windsor
- Wood Memorial Library & Museum, South Windsor
- Bellamy-Ferriday House & Garden, Bethlehem
- Eric Sloane Museum, Kent
- Glebe House Museum, Woodbury
- Gunn Historical Museum, Washington
- Institute for American Indian Studies, Washington
- KidsPlay Children’s Museum, Torrington
- Litchfield Historical Society, Litchfield
- Lock Museum of America, Terryville
- Merwinsville Hotel Restoration, Inc., Gaylordsville
- New Milford Historical Society & Museum, New Milford
- Railroad Museum of New England, Thomaston
- Sharon Historical Society & Museum, Sharon
- Torrington Historical Society, Torrington
- Watertown History Museum, Watertown
New Haven County
- Cheshire Historical Society, Cheshire
- Dudley Farm, Guilford
- Guilford Keeping Society, Guilford
- Henry Whitfield State Museum, Guilford
- Hyland House Museum, Guilford
- Mattatuck Museum, Waterbury
- New Haven Museum, New Haven
- Shore Line Trolley Museum, East Haven
- Wallingford Historic Preservation Trust, Wallingford
- Ward Heitmann House Museum, West Haven
New London County
- Avery-Copp Museum, Groton
- Colchester History Museum, Colchester
- Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, Mystic
- Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme
- Fort Trumbull State Park, New London
- Hempsted Houses, New London
- James Merrill House, Stonington
- Leffingwell House Museum, Norwich
- Lyman Allyn Art Museum, New London
- Mashantucket Pequot Museum & Research Center, Mashantucket
- Mystic Aquarium, Mystic
- Mystic Museum of Art, Mystic
- Mystic Seaport Museum, Mystic
- New London Maritime Society, New London
- Niantic Children’s Museum, Niantic
- Stonington Historical Society, Stonington
Beardsley Zoo- free this summer until 9/6/21
Open daily 9 a.m.—4 p.m.
1875 Noble Ave, Bridgeport, CT
Library Discount pass=$9 admission rate per person, Adult or Child, with a limit up to 6 people in their own family– valid through January 30th, 2022.
The only way to use the pass is in person, at the EBT/LIBRARY/MEMBER window.
CT Old State House Museum (860) 522-6766
800 Main St, Hartford, CT
Free this summer.
For hours of operation, please visit museum website cga.ct.gov/osh/ or call (860) 522-6766
Free admission for 2 adults & 2 children and
$5 parking for the day
Discovery Museum & Planetarium
4450 Park Ave, Bridgeport, CT
Free this summer.
EverWonder Children’s Museum
31 Peck’s Lane, Newtown, CT
Free this summer.
Tue & Thur 9-12, Fri 9-6, Sat 11-5, Sun 11-2 *Must pre-purchase your tickets and sign the online waiver before visiting. (masks mandatory over age 2)
For hours of operation; please visit museum website
Everwondermuseum.org or call (203) 364-4009
55 Coogan Blvd, Mystic, CT
Free this summer.
For information; please visit museum website mysticaquarium.org/visit or call (860) 572-5955
HOURS OF OPERATION : 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Last ticket sold at 5:00 pm.
The time on your ticket indicates your earliest arrival time. The typical visit is 2 hours at Mystic Aquarium, but you’re welcome to stay longer.
Tickets are sold in timed intervals to ensure our guests’ and staff members’ safety and allow for close monitoring of occupancy. Admission is contingent upon adherence to the safety precautions listed here, i.e. facial covering and mandatory temperature screening. Mystic Aquarium reserves the right to deny access to any non-compliant guest.
Purchasing and/or reserving timed tickets must be done online for each person in their party including children 2 and under prior to your visit. Timed tickets will be sent to your email as a .pdf attachment and can be scanned on your phone.
Maritime Aquarium and IMAX
10 N Water St, Norwalk, CT
Open daily 10 a.m.—5 p.m. and
July 1st —Labor Day, 10 a.m.—6 p.m.
Free this summer.
A reservation is the only way to guarantee entry. If the Aquarium is at capacity, we are unable to admit anyone without a reservation.
GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS
All non-member guests are required to reserve a specific date and arrival time ahead of their visit. Click Here for Tickets.
Aquarium members are encouraged to reserve tickets in advance of their visit. Click Here to Reserve Your Spot.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
Arrival times are listed in 30-minute increments, however, there is no time limit to your visit.
Re-entry is only allowed within the timed ticket period.
All guests enter and exit through designated doors at our Main Entrance next to the bus circle.
The queue to enter the Aquarium is outdoors.
Touchless entry is in place when you arrive for your visit.
A staff member will check the time slot listed on your reservation receipt. You may provide your receipt on your mobile device or a printed hard copy. There will be no exchange of items (i.e. tickets, maps membership cards).
New Britain Museum of American Art
56 Lexington St., New Britain, CT 06052
New Haven Museum
114 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CT
Free this summer.
The Museum galleries are open by reservation only. Masks are required at all times. We ask that you secure your timed entry by completing your reservation online and paying through Eventbrite.
New 2021 hours of operation:
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, 10 am to 5 pm. The last entry is 4 pm.
Museum & Library Admission:
- Adults: $4 Seniors: $3 Students: $2 Under 12: Free Members: Free Join today!
(203) 432 – 5050
170 Whitney Ave, New Haven, CT
Museum Temporarily Closed to the Public.
600 Main St, Hartford, CT
Free this summer.
Admission Hours: FRIDAY Noon – 8 pm After 5 pm use the Avery Memorial entrance, located at 29 Atheneum Square North. SATURDAY & SUNDAY Noon – 5 pm
- Advance reservations encouraged but not required. Walk-up visitors will be accommodated.
- Face masks or coverings are required at all times. Visitors who are medically exempt from wearing a face covering (with documentation from a medical provider) may instead wear a plastic face shield.
- Maintain six feet of distance from anyone outside of your household.
- Mobile Guide and digital museum map are available via personal smartphone or connected device. Free Wi-Fi available.
- Some spaces and services will not be available. The library, bistro, theater, and Austin House are closed to the public at this time.
If you are visiting the museum to see a specific work of art, please call the Information Desk at (860) 838-4100 to confirm that it is on view. Information Desk hours are Wednesday and Friday through Sunday.
State Parks Pass (not necessary at this time-free this summer) Allows Free family admission to…
Fort Trumbull: 90 Walbach St,
New London, CT
Open Wednesday-Sunday 9a.m.-5p.m.
(Opens at 8 a.m. Memorial Day—Labor Day)
Dinosaur State Park: 400 West St, Rocky Hill, CT
Open Tues-Sun. 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Gillette Castle: 67 River Rd, East Haddam, CT
Grounds open daily 10 am-5 pm
Castle open 10 a.m.—5 p.m. Memorial Day—Labor Day only
We also have 20% off coupons available anytime for the Connecticut Science Center for 4 people general admissions.