The 2021 Summer Reading Program!
SUMMER READING IS HERE! The Summer Reading Program (SRP) will run from 6/19/21 – 8/24/21
Keep scrolling for links to Summer Assignments for Oxford Public Schools
How to Sign Up
You can participate by picking up a packet at the library OR signing up online at tinyurl.com/OxfordCTLibrary
How to do the Reading Challenge
1. Your goal is to make reading a daily habit!
2. Your packet contains a calendar where you can log whether you read each day. Just put a check or any other mark on each day of the calendar that you’ve read. There are mini challenges and games included as well!
3. Bring your packet to the library and a staff member will stamp each day you’ve read.
4. For each day you have read you will receive a prize or a ticket that you can enter into drawings to win different gift cards.
5. We will draw tickets at the end of the summer!
6. That’s it! We want you to enjoy reading and make time for yourself a little each day.
If you have any questions, contact Robyn (for the kid’s and teen program) at 203-888-6944 ext. 5 or email@example.com or contact Dawn (for the adult program) at 203-888-6944 ext. 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: We will not be able to accommodate any drop-ins at programs this summer.
Programs are scheduled to be held outdoors – if weather is bad, program will be held in the Large Meeting Room of the Library.
Children under 12 must have a guardian on premises during programs.
Oxford Public Schools – Summer Assignments
- Quaker Farms Reading and Math Summer Challenge
- Center School Reading BINGO Challenge (this is a hard copy of the BINGO challenge – students will have to access the actual challenge on google classroom, using the link at the top of the BINGO sheet. For friends who don’t have a computer at home, we’ve been suggesting for students to track their progress on the hard copy and then use a library computer to fill out the actual assignment online)
- OMS 6th Grade Summer Reading (Please note: We have limited copies of the books on the required list. We are happy to borrow copies from other libraries for you, please allow about 2 weeks for copies to arrive. We can also look at nearby libraries to see who has a copy available if you’d rather pick it up from there.)
- OMS 7th Grade Summer Reading
- OMS 8th Grade Summer Reading
- Oxford High School